Friday, October 21, 2005

Paul McCartney's wife now vegan

"SIR PAUL McCARTNEY's wife HEATHER MILLS McCARTNEY is enjoying a fresh change to her diet - she's become a vegan.
The animal rights activist ditched meat from her diet more than a decade ago, but she recently decided she also wanted to throw out all other animal by-products.
She says, 'I've been a vegan for three months. I was a veggie for 12 years. I went vegetarian because I got an infection in my leg in hospital, and, after three months, somebody said, 'I cured myself of breast cancer going veggie,' and I was like, 'Yeah, right, I'm sure.'
'I went to an institute in West Palm Beach... and within three weeks of wheatgrass and garlic and pulses, my whole leg just closed and healed. So I was ruled vegan for about a year and a half. And then I couldn't cope with going to restaurants and all that kind of stuff so then I went to become veggie.'
Since coming across a wider variety of vegan-friendly food, Mills McCartney decided it was time to make another drastic change.
Ironically, McCartney's first wife, LINDA, was also a famous vegan, who launched her own vegetarian food range."

No comments: